Friday 3 December 2010

Which Reasonably Priced 29r?

SCOTT SCALE PRO 29r


CANNONDALE FLASH HI-MOD 29'ER 3

SPECIALIZED STUNTJUMPER COMP CARBON 29er
















With the focus of my season in 2011 being Long endurance racing I thought it might be better to have a bike that rolls a bit faster and is generally quicker. These mid range 29r bikes sprang to mind. Now I need to start saving for one of them.
The CannondaleThe Scott & The Specialized
When I bought my Lapierre X Control in April I knew that I had to have a normal 26' Full Sus. I had just raced the Black Park XC race which was super technical for me with all it;s twists and turns. A lot of my racing this season was in the mid week Beastway Series which involved lots of tight corners and plenty of accelerating out of them. At the time the only Avaliable 29r to me was the Gary Fisher and I didn't really fancy one of those. Options are greater now. I can't make do with just a 29r I know. I just know that I would have been quite a bit quicker in races such as The Brecon Beast on a bike that rolls quicker.

Any other 29r bikes out there I should look at?

Specialized S-Works Epic FSR 29er 2011
















 I don't think I could call the Specialized S-Works Epic FSR 29er a reasonably priced 29r at £6599 but I think it's probably the best one out there. Hmmn what are my Lotto numbers?

3 comments:

  1. Rog.
    Get yourself on skype and we should talk. I'll give you the advice you need.
    I've been racing on 29ers for 5 years and have lots of info for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rog,
    I love the fact I'm still called Rog after all these years

    Rog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this

    http://www.bikemagic.com/gear-news/looking-for-a-29er-hardtail-mountain-bike/9546.html

    The Scott is the one I think will win

    ReplyDelete