Monday 5 March 2012

Is This The Finest Saddle Ever Made?

I think so

The fi'zi:k Kurve Snake
I've been a fan of fi'zi:k saddles for a while. I've had the fi;zi:k Gobi XM on my Lapierre and a Tundra 2 on my Scott Scale 29 for the last two years. I prefer the flatter shape of the Tundra over the Gobi. I decided that I wanted to try one of the Kurve saddles after having a good look at it whilst at The Bike Show in London. OK it's intended use is for a road bike but I though this thing is going to be great on my 29er. I went for the Snake version. fi'zi:k have they're take on which saddle you should have on flexibility here: http://www.fizik.it/spineconcept/ I just like flat saddles.
So  put my Kurve Snake on my Scott Scale 29 about a month ago. I'd only done a few 2hr rides on it and it felt comfortable but I knew this was now test to see if this saddle would be good for it's intended use which was comfort in the saddle for a long time. Last week I headed out to the trails for a solid 7hrs or so in the saddle for a good test.
Well it is bloody comfortable for a such a hard looking saddle. I've never used a Brooks saddle and the racer in me will probably prevent me from using one in the future. Who the Hell wants a massive lump of leather to sit on like that? Too dismissive? Hey we have to think of weight saving over comfort a bit. I really felt that with the Kurve you have a saddle that moves with your movement and takes in so much of the little bumps you get off road. It moves with you like it says it will in the promo videos and diagrams.
So after a 7hr ride I'm saying this is the perfect saddle (Well it would be better if it came in white). I will report back in a month when I have completed the 24hrs of Exposure race with my ass in better condition to last year.

Snake

No comments:

Post a Comment