Tuesday 3 May 2011

Less than a week to go

Sunday night I did my final bit of training for Saturday's 24hr race. 4hrs on the Scott Scale 29 up Cwmcarn three laps of the Twrch Trail and home. The Twrch Trail is a bit longer than a lap of the 24hr course but with the same amount of climbing it it. Three laps all under 54 mins wasn't too hard or two slow. I can do it a lot faster but when I'm not doing more than two laps I have to pace myself a bit.
Scott Scale 29 Pro as standard apart from the Ergon Grips & XT pedals
Really happy so far with the new bike. It was bit of a risk switching to a hardtail but it's got big wheels so it doesn't feel too harsh. How it will fair after 24hrs midday on Sunday I don't know. I will have my Lapierre X Control as back up anyway.
I'm as ready as I can be now. Anything I do from now on is not going to help. Preparation for the 24hrs of Exposure for me is all about eating well and getting my two bikes ready. I'm not that impressed with the Avid brakes on the Scott so I will be taking the Formula R1s of my Lapierre and fitting them. The Selle Italia saddle just doesn't get on with my bottom so that will be swapped out for my trusty Fizik Tundra Carbon. I have some Lighter wheels that need to have tyres, brake disks, & a cassette fitted to. The list goes on.
Leaving Newport last night with too much stuff
Racing at Hillingdon this evening on the road bike to get those legs going a bit if I get out of the office on time. It's windy so it will be a good work out. I will be riding the easier 3/4 race for the last time. A 1st win this evening would please me no end.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get to Hillingdon as I was late leaving work. I did spend the entire evening fiddling with my bikes though. Built up the Stan Crest Wheels with the Maxxis Aspen Tyres. Way Way lighter than the DT Swiss Wheels that came with the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Forumula R1s fitter just fine on the Scott but I couldn't get Avids to fit on my Lapierre. I wish I could have done this weeks ago but Err I couldn't

    ReplyDelete