Saturday 23 April 2011

Two Weeks and Two Hours

It's 10am on a Saturday morning. My wife is in work and I'm looking after my kids at home. The sun is out and I think a family bike ride is in order. In two weeks the whole way I look at MTB racing will change. 24hr racing has been a focus of mine for the past 9 months. In two weeks and two hours I start my 1st 24hr solo race.
I really cannot wait. It's going to be awesome. I'm a little worried how my body will hold up. Mentally I should be OK but current  issues with my Achilles tendons and the back trouble I had a week ago worry me a bit. I've run out of Vicks First Defence so I better pop to Boots and get some more. I wouldn't want t get a cold again in these next two weeks.
I pick up my Scott Scale 29r Pro tomorrow. Can't wait to get out on it and set it up. I have two weeks to work out if it will be my race bike or my spare. It being 2.5kg lighter than my Lapierre lets hope it I get it dialled quickly and use it as my main bike.

The clock is ticking.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was slightly bricking myself. Preparation has not gone to plan but shit does happen. I'm looking forward to the road trip. I'm driving up with Simon Ernest and I'm sure we will have some good music to help us on our way. From his Tweets I think we like similar music and you might hear us coming. I think there will be a lot of RATM and Beastie Boys. Simon's doing the 12hr and I'm doing the 24hr. The drive home is going to be Hellish I'm sure.

I will report back when I have those big wheels when I have done some intervals on The Killer

Big Wheels

No comments:

Post a Comment