Thursday 21 April 2011

More Illness & Injury

Off the back of my 3rd place two weeks ago I was in great spirits. Myself and some mates went for a long evening training ride. 5hrs out to Hampshire after work. It was an excellent ride but we got back a bit late and by the time I had eaten and tried to get to bed it was a bit too late I guess. During the ride I felt great but the following morning I felt rough and really felt that I was coming down with something. The following day I was coughing up some nasty stuff. Bronchitis again! Wonderful. I'd thought I'd had more than my fare share of illness already this year. 10 days off the bike. No training and only 4 weeks to 24hrs of Exposure. No sooner had I managed to get ride of the bad chest I hurt my back carrying my youngest daughter on my shoulders (I'm getting old). So the two days of riding I could have done in Wales were not going to happen. I was fearing I had done something similar to what I had done a few years ago which took me off my bike for a month.
Luckily for me a few days of rest and I was OK. 1st ride back on the bike 3/4 race at Hillingdon

No comments:

Post a Comment