Wednesday 4 May 2011

24hrs with plenty of EXPOSURE

So we have had weeks of stunning weather. The trails are dry and dusty. There have been forest fires all over the UK. I've witnessed one myself at Cwmcarn (only a small one) and we now have 3 days to go until the 24hrs of Exposure race. The European & British Solo MTB Champs. The weather has not just turned a little bit bad but horrifically bad. The event is at the Rock UK center part of the 7Stanes. The course will be on an all weather track that should be OK but 200 of us riding around it for 24hrs should cut it up quite a bit. A week ago I was going to be wearing just my club cycling kit now I will be wearing a whole lot more. My fast wheels have some semi slicks on them. They will probably do for the 1st few hours but I will soon have to change to something a little more grippy no doubt.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/325?area=Newcastleton
The forecast is really something else. Thunder storms, hail stones and heavy rain but warm. 20C in the day which if true will take the edge off it a bit. Now why on earth did I leave my rear Crud Catcher mudguard in Wales?
I can't believe I am contemplating even packing my camo baggy water proof shorts. Racing in baggy shorts just feels wrong thinking about it.

Now I need to get myself a few more spare brake pads. I fear 2 sets is not enough

1 comment:

  1. See what Ann has to say about the weather

    http://annedickins24.blogspot.com/2011/05/it-doesnt-rain-it-pours.html

    ReplyDelete