Thursday 5 May 2011

Packing and getting it all together

I didn't realise how much stuff I would have to get sorted for one race. I suppose it's more like 6 enduros in one. The amount of food I will be taking is stupid but I will be needing to get a lot down my neck if I am going to survive the 24hrs.
  • 10 waterbottles
  • Enough High5 4:1 Drink to fill those bottles plenty of times
  • A tub of Accelerade 4:1 so I can have a change of drink
  • Two sachets of High5 /source Xtreme drink
  • 24 High5 Energy + gels
  • 20 other gels Mix of all sorts
  • Two packets of Biscuits
  • 6 Powerbars
  • A fruit cake
  • A big bag of pasta to cook when I get home from work
  • A bag of Haribos (opened so they might not make it)
Kit wise I have a hell of a lot
  • Scott Scale 29r Pro HT bike
  • Lapeirre X Control FS bike
  • 1 spare set of 29in heels 
  • 1 spare set of 26in wheels
  • 1 bike stand
  • Spare tyres for the 26in wheels (Bonty XR1)
  • Large bag of tools
  • Exposure Diablo headlight
  • Exposure MaXx D bike light
  • Hope 4LED bike light (spare)
  • Torch
  • Lamp
  • Track Pump
  • Laptop
  • 3 days worth of clothes
  • 1 Skinsuit (always the optimist)
  • 3 pairs of shorts
  • 2 short sleeve jerseys
  • 1 pair of Japanese school girl style compression socks (white)
  • 6 pairs of socks
  • This list is getting massive
  • Lube
  • Helmet
  • 2 pairs of gloves
  • A gortex Jacket
  • 2 Gilets
  • What have I missed?
  • ASSOS CREME
  • Garmin 705 GPS (It only lasts for about 14hrs) so + Charger
  • 6 spare innertubes
  • I'm sure I have missed something (please leave a comment if I have missed something I need)
  • Oh a spare saddle (you never know)

1 comment: