Saturday 5 February 2011

Can't See The Wood For The Trees


All I can think about at the moment is when I can get back on the bike and start training. It's driving me mad. Three weeks off the bike. I feel a lot better and I can ride my bike but no training. I now have Bronchitics which I know for past experiences with my body will take a few weeks to shift. I have to think of this years as a whole. I'm not going to risk trying to get riding in time for a XC race in a weeks time when I can mess up my season by keeping this bad chest for longer.
Time to step back and sit this one out. I will be ready to train when I am ready. My focus on the season was 24hrs of Exposure on the 1st weekend of May. Christ I'm still riding that as my first 24hr race but with no illusions on a sterling performance.
I remember as a junior I had this small stage race just outside Bath that I had planned to do for months. Two weeks before I managed to get a bad chest. I was taking all sorts of mediation to shift it. Well the day before the race felt OK. I finished the short prolgue TT coughing up little bits of blood and came last way way down on the rest. I've never done so bad in a TT and never felt so shit on a bike. I'm not letting that happen again.
I'm desperate to test myself over 100 miles off road and by now I'd expected to have already ridden the length of the South Downs Way. I have a nice family break in Spain this month. I'm sure I will come back from that fully fixed.
Then we will 'AVE IT!


I feel like all I do at the moment is moan about not getting out on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment