Thursday 17 February 2011

One thing I don't need more of right now is....

MOTIVATION
I have plenty of this
I don't think I have been as motivated as I have been over this winter for this coming season. Keen is a word I'd use. I haven't been this motivated to train hard for a long time. Never so with cycling. When I was in Uni I pretty much up gave up road cycling as I had lost motivation. I was pretty crap as a junior and my 1st year as a senior was terrible. I turned to rock climbing. I really tried my best get get to a very high level. Training was something I was very good at for this. I was like a machine. At 9st 7 I was stupidly strong and had a body that had no fat and muscle only where I needed it.
Since I started my comeback (I should say restart on the road) four years ago I have learned to suffer, something I never did in cycling before. I'd give up too soon. I guess I learned to suffer when rock climbing. You don't have a lot of choice. 5 weeks off the bike is the longest I have had off since. I had a double knee op three years ago and only had 3 weeks off. A broken collarbone was only a week as I was straight on the Turbo Trainer. 5 weeks seemed like a long long time. I'm glad I put a lot of miles in before Christmas
Last night I re started my training. It's damn good to be back. I only did 2.5hrs last night but it was quality. I left my Powertap at home as for my 1st ride back I didn't really want to know how I was doing I just wanted to enjoy it. A big Gym session this morning and now I'm feeling it.

YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment