Saturday 12 February 2011

I've decided to have a crack at Mountain Mayhem solo

One of my favourite photos taken by my team mate on the final lap in 2010
This year wasn't sure if I should do Mayhem solo or as part of the mixed team that did so well last year.
Knowing that Norwood Paragn CC will be sending three teams this year. So many people want to ride this year they shouldn't miss me too much. Well I was the backbone of the mixed team last year but we do have plenty of quick riders.
Knowing that I will have at least 14 team mates at the event I know I will have plenty of motivational support. I have my first 24hr solo race in 13 weeks. Training hasn't gone to plan so far. It was going very well. Excellent in fact I was very happy with how things were going. The the Swine Flu which I still haven't recovered from. Come tomorrow I will have missed two races which I was keen on using to build my form. Not trained for over 4 weeks now. Fingers crossed I will get out this coming week.
So Mayhem it is. I'm really looking forward to it. I am still really focused on the 24hrs of Exposure which is 6 weeks before Mayhem. I am though realistic with the chances of my performance here being one I could write home about. Being my 1st race I was really going to try hard at winning the Rookie jersey. I'm not daft I know my chances of this are slipping. This year I will have a hardtail 29r for Mayhem. I feel this will make me a little quicker on this not very technical course. I know a hardtail would have made me a lot quicker on the climbs (not that my Lapierre is crap on the climbs) I'm Aiming for top 10.
Between now and then I have one more week in work then a relaxing family holiday in Spain. When I get back I will have the 2nd round of the Welsh XC resies then the Black Park XC. A week after that I will be catching the train down to Winchester to do the South Downs Way. Plans plans plans. I've made them before, lets hope I can stick to them this time.
Looking forward to getting this at the end of March
I better make sure I get my entry in on the 28th of Feb. I can get another years supply of shower gel again.

3 comments:

  1. Best download that entry form this evening and get it off 1st post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right the entry has been sent but there are only 135 entries for Solo this year. This is a lot less than I thought. Hopefully Postman Pat gets my entry to them in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the entry which is awesome news.

    ReplyDelete