Wednesday 26 January 2011

The Recovery

The Virus
So what I have/had is/was Swine Flu. Six or seven days of sheer Hell. The really cool thing is now I am getting better. I feel better every day. I have had nasty flu like this before about six years ago. That time I caught it out in Tarifa, Spain. I was out there on a kitesurfing trip became ill on the last day then had to travel home with the flu on the plane. My ears didn't pop for two weeks. Last week was almost like that. My left ear still has a good bit of fluid in it. The thing is I am getting better. I'm working at least. Five days off work on the sick was bad enough. I was told by the doctor that I probably wouldn't be fully recovered until three weeks of the crap. I can't see me being back on the bike until the first weekend in February. I have to wait I know until I'm totally recovered. Too many times in the past have I come back from illness too early only to get ill for longer.
I have a three day rule normally. Three days of no illness at all and then I feel like I am ready.
So my 'new' first race of the season is Round One of the Welsh XC series. I will be there if I am ready. Oh and I need to get down to some serious training.

Until then I better pop to Tesco's and get another few boxes of Kleenex anti-viral tissues. They are like pimped up Balsam ones.  Oh and some more Lemsip Max Flu.

1 comment:

  1. Almost three weeks now and I'm not over it.

    Still have a bad chest.

    ReplyDelete