Tuesday 4 January 2011

Pics from my last few rides: All Twrch Trail

The first short fire road section of the Twrch Trail

One of the many hairpin corners

The second and longer fire road up to the top of the Twrch Trail

The Mist up the top. Couldn't hear anything apart from my heart beating

Looking down the trail (see snowy pic below to compare)

Where has Twmbarlwm gone in the mist?

A light dusting of snow

Looking down the trail from the top

This is the amount of snow that settled in about an hour

Looking down the valley from the bottom of Twmbarlwm 
The only place I have ever used the granny gear
on my Lapierre
I have been riding the Twrch Trail for about a year now. It's always been great in bad weather. It has this almost all weather surface that until now hasn;t really cut up. After the tow lots of snow and the freeze thaw that goes with it the whole trail has loosened up quite a bit now and is really cut up. I have never seen it so muddy.

All pics taken with my crappy iPhone 3GS camera
Twmbarlwm
Twrch Trail 

No comments:

Post a Comment